Foods That Burn Fat
Some foods are much better at burning fat than others. The following fat burning foods list outlines which food you should be including into your every day diet. You should combine these foods with regular exercise - that will really accelerate your fat burning mission!
In short, if you want to burn fat, you should concentrate on foods that are rich in Vitamin C. Also,foods high in protein and fiber are good to include in your diet.
Are there really foods that burn fat?
Yes! Believe it or not, some foods actually burn more calories than the calorie content of the food itself.
Foods high in vitamin C have fat burning properties. Research also suggests that foods high in calcium can breakdown fat.
- Citris fruits (i.e. limes, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines)
- Apples, berries and other fresh fruit
- Beans (i.e. soya beans, kidney beans, navy beans, white beans, lima beans). Avoid refried beans. Also, note that baked beans are usually high in sugar - which will turn to fat.
- Garlic - in particular garlic oil, or garlic juice
- Eggs (high in protein and contain vitamin b12)
- Low fat dairy products
- Oatmeal (go for the unsweetened and unflavored varieties). Try serving oatmeal with fresh fruit and low fat milk or yogurt.
- Olive oil. This contains monounsaturated fat (the "good fat"), as opposed to saturated fat (the "bad fat")
- Whole Grains. Don't believe those who say carbohydrates are bad. Carbs are good, your body needs them. Just avoid the processed carbs (such as white breads, bagels, white rice etc). Instead, use wholegrain bread, wholemeal rice etc.
- Lean meat. Lean beef, turkey, chicken etc.
- Fish. Salmon and tuna are a great source of protein.
Also see the comprehensive article on Fat Burning Foods.