Parallel Bar Dips
Parallel bar dips emphasise your lower chest muscles.
How to perform parallel bar dips
- Stand on a box between the parallel bars
- Place your hands on the parallel bars. Your arms should be straight
- Kick the box back
- Slowly, lower yourself down until your arms are fully bent
- Slowly lift yourself back up.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
Use weights if you need to.
Pectoralis Major, Sternal (Chest - lower pecs)
- Deltoid, Anterior (Shoulder - front)
- Triceps Brachii (Triceps)
- Pectoralis Major, Clavicular (Chest - upper pecs)
- Pectoralis Minor (Chest/shoulder)
- Rhomboids (Back - middle)
- Levator Scapulae (Shoulder - upper)
- Latissimus Dorsi (Lats - outer back)
- Teres Major (Lats - outer back)
- Trapezius, Lower (Back - middle)