Decline Bench Press
The decline bench press emphasises your lower chest muscles.
How to perform the Incline Bench Press
- With the barbell on the rack, lie on the decline bench so that the bar is above your head.
- Bring your hands up and hold the bar just wider than shoulder width apart.
- Lift the barbell off the rack and extend your arms until they're straight.
- Slowly lower the weight until the bar almost touches your chest.
- Slowly lift the weight back up.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
Pectoralis Major, Sternal (Chest - lower pecs)
- Pectoralis Major, Clavicular (Chest - upper pecs)
- Deltoid, Anterior (Shoulder - front)
- Triceps Brachii (Triceps)
- Biceps Brachii, Short Head (Biceps)