The hammer curl is an isolated exercise your biceps.
How to perform the hammer curl
- Stand straight, holding the dumbells at your sides, palms facing inwards.
- Keeping your elbows at locked at your sides, slowly lift the dumbells until they almost touch your shoulders.
- Slowly lower the weights back.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
- Brachioradialis (Forearm - upper, outer)
- Brachialis (Lower Biceps)
- Biceps Brachii (Biceps)
- Deltoid, Anterior (Shoulder - front)
- Levator Scapulae (Rear Neck)
- Trapezius, Middle (Upper Traps)
- Trapezius, Upper (Upper Traps)
- Wrist Flexors (Inner forearm)