The barbell curl emphasises your bicep muscles. Make sure you keep good form when performing the bicep curl. Stand upright throughout the motion - don't sway back and forth as you're lifting the weight.
How to perform the barbell curl
- Stand straight, holding the barbell with a supinated (under-hand) grip at about shoulder width.
- Keeping your elbows at locked at your sides, slowly lift the bar until its under your chin.
- Slowly lower the weight back.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
- Brachialis (Lower Biceps)
- Brachioradialis (Forearm)
- Deltoid, Anterior (Shoulder - front)
- Trapezius, Upper (Back - upper)
- Trapezius, Middle (Back - middle)
- Levator Scapulae (Shoulder - upper)
- Wrist Flexors (Inner forearm)