The back extension is an isolated exercise for your lower back muscles.
How to perform the back extension
- Lie, face down on the hyperextension bench, with your feet tucked under the footpads.
- Crossing your arms in front of your chest, ensure your body is in a straight line.
- Slowly bend forward as far as you can while keeping your back straight.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps. Use weights if needed.
- Erector Spinae (Lower Back)
- Gluteus Maximus (Butt)
- Adductor Magnus (Inner Thigh)
None of significance.