The Tricep Pushdown (also referred to as "Tricep Pulldown") is an isolated exercise for building up your triceps.
How to perform the tricep pushdown
- Stand straight, legs slightly bent, facing the cable machine.
- Grasp the handle, palms facing down. Your elbows should be at about a 90 degree angle.
- With elbows locked at your sides, slowly pull the weight down until your arms are almost straight.
- Slowly let the weight back up.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
- Triceps Brachii (Triceps)
- Latissimus Dorsi (Lats - outer back)
- Teres Major (Outer back)
- Deltoid, Posterior (Shoulder - back)
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal (Chest - lower pecs)
- Pectoralis Minor (Chest)
- Trapezius, Lower (Lower traps)
- Rectus Abdominis (Abs)
- Obliques (Sides of waist)
- Wrist Flexor (Inner forearm)