Dumbbell Shoulder Press
The dumbbell shoulder press is a compound exercise for your shoulder muscles.
How to perform the dumbell shoulder press
- Stand straight, holding the dumbbells to each side of your shoulders. The dumbbells should almost be touching your shoulders.
- Slowly lift the weight up until arms are almost straight.
- Slowly lower the weight back.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
- Deltoid, Anterior (Shoulder - front)
- Deltoid, Lateral (Shoulder - sides)
- Supraspinatus (Rotary Cuff)
- Triceps Brachii (Triceps)
- Trapezius, Middle (Upper Traps)
- Trapezius, Lower (Lower Traps)
- Serratus Anterior, Inferior Digitations
- Pectoralis Major, Clavicular (Chest - upper pecs)
- Triceps, Long Head
- Biceps Brachii, Short Head (Biceps)
- Trapezius, Upper (Upper Traps)
- Levator Scapulae (Shoulder - upper)