Dumbbell Lateral Raise
The dumbbell lateral raise is an isolated exercise for your side shoulder muscles.
How to perform the dumbbell lateral raise
- Holding dumbbells, stand slightly bent at the hips. Your knees should also be slightly bent. Your back should be straight, and your arms hanging down, elbows slightly bent.
- Keeping your arms locked, slowly raise the dumbbells out to the sides until elbows are level with your shoulders.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
- Deltoid, Lateral (Side Delts)
- Deltoid, Anterior (Front Delts)
- Supraspinatus (Rotary Cuff)
- Trapezius, Middle (Upper Traps)
- Trapezius, Lower (Lower Traps)
- Serratus Anterior, Inferior Digitations
- Trapezius, Upper (Upper Traps)
- Levator Scapulae (Rear Neck)
- Wrist Extensors (Forearm)