Incline Bench Press
The incline bench press emphasises your upper chest muscles.
How to perform the Incline Bench Press
- Adjust the bench so that the incline is at about a 30 - 40 degree angle.
- With the barbell on the rack, lie on the bench so that the bar is above your head.
- Bring your hands up and hold the bar just wider than shoulder width apart.
- Lift the barbell off the rack and extend your arms until they're straight.
- Slowly lower the weight until the bar almost touches your chest.
- Slowly lift the weight back up.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps.
Pectoralis Major, Clavicular (Chest - upper pecs)
- Deltoid, Anterior (Shoulder - front)
- Triceps Brachii (Triceps)
- Biceps Brachii, Short Head (Biceps)