Best Tricep Exercises
The following are some of the best tricep exercises for incorporating into your workout routine. Performing 2 or 3 of these in your arm workout will provide you with a well rounded tricep workout.
The following steps assume you have a barbell and a bench with a rack to hold the barbell.
- With the barbell on the rack, lie on the bench so that the bar is above your head.
- Bring your hands up and hold the bar at about a foot apart.
- Lift the barbell off the rack and extend your arms until they're straight.
- Slowly lower the weight until the bar almost touches your chest.
- Slowly lift the weight back up.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
The following steps assume you have a cable machine.
- Stand straight, legs slightly bent, facing the cable machine.
- Grasp the handle, palms facing down. Your elbows should be at about a 90 degree angle.
- With elbows locked at your sides, slowly pull the weight down until your arms are almost straight.
- Slowly let the weight back up.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
To integrate these exercises into a tricep workout see Tricep Workout Routine.