Seated Cable Row
The seated cable row is a compound exercise for your back muscles.
How to perform the seated cable row
- Sit on the lateral row machine
- Grasp the handles. Your arms should be nearly straight but not locked.
- Slowly pull the handles towards your body, until your hands almost touch your torso. Be sure to keep your back straight, your abs contracted, your hands low, and your elbows facing the ground.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you've repeated the desired number of reps
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps. Use weights if needed.
- Trapezius, Middle (Upper Traps)
- Trapezius, Lower (Lower Traps)
- Rhomboids (Middle Back)
- Latissimus Dorsi (Lats)
- Teres Major (Outer Back)
- Deltoid, Posterior (Rear Delts)
- Infraspinatus (Rotary Cuff)
- Teres Minor (Rotary Cuff)
- Brachialis (Lower Biceps)
- Brachioradialis (Forearm)
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal (Lower Pecs)
- Erector Spinae (Lower Back)
- Biceps Brachii (Biceps)
- Triceps, Long Head (Triceps)
- Gluteus Maximus (Butt)
- Adductor Magnus (Inner Thigh)