The dumbbell row is a compound exercise for your back muscles.
How to perform the dumbbell row
- With the bench placed lengthways, place the dumbell on the floor beside the bench.
- Place your left hand, and left knee on the bench. Your hand should be near the top of the bench. Your back should be almost parallel to the ground.
- With your right hand, slowly lift the dumbell until it's almost level with your torso
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you've repeated the desired number of reps for that side
- Repeat all of the above for your left side.
|Number of Reps
For building muscle size: 3 sets of between 6 - 8 reps. For muscle tone: 3 sets of between 12 - 15 reps. Use weights if needed.
- Trapezius, Middle (Upper Traps)
- Trapezius, Lower (Lower Traps)
- Rhomboids (Middle Back)
- Latissimus Dorsi (Lats)
- Teres Major (Outer Back)
- Deltoid, Posterior (Rear Delts)
- Infraspinatus (Rotary Cuff)
- Teres Minor (Rotary Cuff)
- Brachialis (Lower Biceps)
- Brachioradialis (Forearm)
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal (Lower Pecs)
- Biceps Brachii (Biceps)
- Triceps, Long Head (Triceps)